Who is Margot Kerr?
Margot Kerr, born in 1967 in Tucson, Arizona, is best recognized as the wife of esteemed basketball coach Steve Kerr of the Golden State Warriors. A proud mother of three and a University of Arizona alum, Margot shares her husband’s celebrated journey in the NBA, having seen Steve clinch eight NBA Championships. She holds a close bond with the basketball community and actively interacts with Golden State Warrior fans. As of 2023, she’s 56 years old and resides in San Francisco with her family.
Her husband Steve is the winner of eight NBA Championships, three as the head coach of Warriors, and five as a player for Chicago Bulls and San Antonio Spurs.
Quick Facts About Margot Kerr
|Age||56 years old (as of 2023)|
|Place of Birth||Tucson, Arizona, USA|
|Famous For||Being the wife of Steve Kerr, basketball coach of Golden State Warriors|
|Education||Salpointe Catholic High School, University of Arizona|
|Children||Nick Kerr, Maddy Kerr, Matthew Kerr|
|Original Name||Margot Brennan|
The early life of Margot Kerr
As we mention above she was born in Tucson, Arizona, the USA in the year 1967 as Margot Brennan. She is 53 years old as of 2020. She is the daughter of mother Karen Brennan, who was a poet and professor. Margot was raised with her three siblings – Rachel, Chris, and Geoff Brennan.
But, her sister, Rachel had a motorcycle accident in August 1995 and lost her life. She holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. She completed her high schooling from Salpointe Catholic High School and graduated from the University of Arizona.
Steve Kerr and Margot Kerr met for the first time in 1985. At that time, both of them were in their sophomore year at the University of Arizona.
The Kerr couple dated for a long time. However, they were in a long-distance relationship for one year as Margot worked in a company in Los Angeles. The couple tied the wedding knot in 1990. Steve Kerr and Margot Kerr had a private wedding attending only by close friends and family in Ohio.
Ms. Kerr is the mother of three children Nick Kerr, Maddy Kerr, and Matthew Kerr. Nick played basketball (Division I) for the University of San Diego. He passed out with a business administration degree. Then, he followed his daddy’s footsteps and joined the San Antonio coaching staff. Maddy played basketball for the Berkeley team. Steve’s younger son finished high school studies in 2016.
She completed her high schooling from Salpointe Catholic High School and graduated from the University of Arizona. Then, Steve Kerr’s spouse joined the University of Arizona for her graduation course.
Margot Kerr is famous as the wife of talented Steve Kerr. Though he has not revealed anything about her career, we guess she has worked hard during her early days. According to some sources, she has mentioned that she had to suffer from a long-distance relationship during the early days of her relationship with Steve as she had to move far due to her job. She has always been supportive of her husband even with his constant moving at the start of his career.
Whereas her husband Steve Kerr is renowned for his competitive coaching style and is the fastest coach to get to 250 wins in league history, according to ESPN. Her husband Steve is the winner of eight NBA Championships, three as the head coach of Warriors, and five as a player for Chicago Bulls (3) and San Antonio Spurs(2) with her family.
- Age: 53 years old (1967-2020)
- Weight: kilogram 60 kg, pound 132 lbs
- Height: She stands at a height of 6 ft 3 inches
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Blonde
She has not revealed anything about his favorite things but, we notice she like most, to spend allot of time with his husband.
Margot Kerr’s Net Worth and Salary
Margot Kerr shares the net worth of her husband Steve. The estimated net worth of this couple is around $18 million at present. Likewise, his current salary as the head coach of Warriors is reported to be around $5 million. He made this entire earning from his career as a basketball coach.
Net Worth Over The Years:
Multiple Estimates: A glance at the numbers suggests there’s no single answer. Depending on where you look, Margot Kerr’s net worth is cited differently:
- Ranging from $500,000 to $950,000
- Reported as $18 million
- Pegged at around $14 million
- Combined net worth with Steve Kerr at $35 million
The couple has also bought a $7.3 million mansion in San Francisco, California. He also owned $760,000 in Lake Forest in 1999. Without any doubts, Margot is spending a very happy and luxurious life
People Also Read:Everything About Claire Kirksey: Sam Darnold Her Boy Friend
We did not find exact information about her previous relationship/affairs.
Interesting facts about Margot Kerr are:
- Margot Kerr was born in Tucson, Arizona, the USA in the year 1967.
- Margot called herself not a cute momma.
- She is a mother of three children.
- She and Steve did not allow the children to pass bad comments for the team and coach.
- Furthermore, the three kids not allowed leaving the team too.
- Margot Kerr regulated interacted with the warrior fans on social media.
- Publically, she talked with a fan in an event.
- Steve Kerr’s wife participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge with her hubby in 2014.
- The duo contributed around $1 Million US Dollars to the U of A athletics department.
- Margot’s mother published a memoir in 2002 titled Being with Rachel: A Personal Story of Memory and Survival.
- Kerr has a close bond with Steve’s mentor Gregg Popovich’s wife, Erin Popovich.
- Karen called Steve as a funny, smart, husband, and terrific father.
- He Warriors head coach’s net worth is around $18 Million US Dollars. He gets a whopping salary of about $4 Million to $7 Million. Moreover, he lives in San Francisco with his family.